The proceeds from the various fundraising activities are used to financially support SMUPA and its many activities on behalf of the Marching Unit. Marching Unit members who participate in fundraising activities sell a certain dollar amount. Profits are equally divided between the student and the Marching Unit. Exceptions to this are the "Music in Motion" ad books and several other select fundraisers. The student receives credits, which can be accumulated and used to defray or totally pay the cost of any special band trips. In the past, these trips have included a trip every other year to Disney World in Orlando, Florida. On alternate years, the unit has traveled to New York City to attend a Broadway play, attended a Devils Game where they performed on the Concourse, and other venues.
Ongoing Vendor Fundraising
Route 33 Barber Shop
(former 3 Seasons Sporting Goods)
They will also donate $1 for every haircut to SMUPA. Just mention you are from the Steinert Marching Unit and they will send us a check every month!
Visit their web site.
All families are strongly encouraged to participate in as many fundraising activities as possible in order to both meet the annual budget and to provide sufficient credits for their student to participate in these special unit functions. Pick and choose the fundraisers that are right for you.
Each year we look for new ideas Please email Amy Herring if you have a great fundrasing idea or would like to help out with a fundraiser.
Listed below are fundraisers that have been popular in past seasons.
Great Lakes Scrip center Gift cards - All year!
The Great Lakes Scrip Center program is a simple, effective fundraising tool. Everyone shops at supermarkets, department stores, specialty stores, music stores, toy stores, bookstores, and more. We all go to the movies and eat at our favorite restaurants and fast-food chains. Wouldn't it be great if the money spent for these purchases could translate into profit for SMUPA and YOU?
When you use Great Lakes Scrip Center gift cards, both SMUPA and your child's band account receive a percentage of every dollar you spend. As an example, if you purchase $200 in Shop-Rite gift cards, our group will earn approximately 4% or $8.00 for that purchase. The Unit splits half the profit, so your child’s account will receive a credit of $4.00. The more gift cards you buy, the more we all earn. A wide variety of merchants participate in this program, so there really is something for everyone. Use the gift cards for clothing, groceries, holiday shopping, or dining out. Sell them to family and friends, or give them as gifts any time of the year.
Gift Card Orders for the 2016 - 2017 season are due as follows:
- September 16 for delivery at October 11 meeting
- October 14 for delivery at November 14 meeting
- November 18 for delivery at December 12 meeting
- December 16 for delivery at January 9 meeting
- January 13 for delivery at February 13 meeting
- February 17 for delivery at March 13 meeting
- March 17 for delivery at April 3 meeting
- April 7 for delivery at May 8 meeting
- May 12 for delivery at June 12 meeting
- To order gift cards, you need to create an account:
- Visit www.shopwithscrip.com/GetStarted.
- Click "Join a Scrip Program"
- Enter the following enrollment code: 665LL85226748
- Fill out the form to create your account.
- Enter your child's name for "Student Name" and Steinert Marching Unit Parents Association for "Group."
- Once your account is created, you can start ordering your cards!
To order your cards, you need to create an account:
- Visit www.shopwithscrip.com and log in
- Click on "Shop" at the top of the page.
- You can browse for cards, or search for a specific card using the search box.
- Add your cards to your shopping cart. Once you are done, you can click on the cart to check out.
- Click on "Submit Order" to submit your order.
- Write a check for the full amount. Make the check payable to SMUPA. In the memo line, write "SCRIP" and your child's name.
- Place the check in an envelope labeled "SCRIP" and your child's name.
- Have your child place the envelope in the Band Box before the due date.
- Gift cards are distributed at the next SMUPA meeting. Gift cards cannot be distributed to students.
If you have any questions, please e-mail Lisa Lupico.
Late August through September and all year long
This is our fundraising kickoff at band camp. Renew subscriptions, order new subscriptions & help support our marching unit.
Basket Door Prize
during annual Play (details forthcoming)